Most people know that being overweight is not healthy, yet losing weight can be difficult. This guide will help you through the weight loss process by explaining how successful weight loss really happens. If you've tried to lose weight before, don't view past efforts as failure. Instead, learn better weight-loss strategies, try again, and make this time different!
- I. Healthy Weight Loss
- Step 1: The benefits of a healthy weight
- Step 2: What is your ideal weight?
- Step 3: Causes and medical considerations
- Step 4: How to lose weight the healthy way
- II. The Basics of Losing Weight
- Step 5: Modify your diet
- Step 6: Create healthy food habits
- Step 7: Get moving
- III. Motivation and Help
- Step 8: Small steps add up
- Step 9: You can do it
- Step 10: Choosing a weight loss program
- Step 11: Medication and surgery
Jeffrey Heit, MD, Internist with special emphasis on preventive health, fitness and nutrition, Philadelphia VA Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M., Inc.
The information provided herein should not be used during any medical emergency or for the diagnosis or treatment of any medical condition. A licensed medical professional should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment of any and all medical conditions. Links to other sites are provided for information only -- they do not constitute endorsements of those other sites. © 1997-
A.D.A.M., Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
A.D.A.M. content is best viewed in IE9 or above, Firefox and Google Chrome browser.